Find tips from our expert nutritionists to stretch your food budget, add variety into your meal plan and learn new ways to make serving healthy meals to your family easy, convenient and affordable.
- FoodKeeper App - This handy resource (also available as a mobile app) was developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service with Cornell University and the Food Marketing Institute. It provides useful guidelines for storing food to maximize food quality and minimize waste.
- Food Planning Tips During COVID-19 - Food planning can be a challenge during a pandemic. This guide, from the USDA’s ChooseMyPlate initiative, offers information on food planning, including what to buy, how much to buy and prep tips.
- Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Chart - Consult this chart from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for guidelines on how long to safely freeze/refrigerate common foods
- What’s For Dinner Fact Sheet - Use this handy fact sheet from Mealtime.org to learn how to stretch a meal, cut prep time and increase nutrition by adding a canned ingredient to your meal.
- Chickasaw Language Cards Part I - Use these fun, colorful language cards to learn the Chickasaw words for your favorite fruits, vegetables, nuts and more.
- Chickasaw Language Cards Part II - Use these fun, colorful language cards to learn more Chickasaw words! These cards include words for your favorite meats, grains, snacks and more.
- Tips to Prevent Food Spoilage - Whether you have an abundance of garden goodies or are down to your pantry staples, the Chickasaw Nation Nutrition Services team has tips to help stretch your food resources.
- Watch videos on healthy meals and treats for the whole family. These videos are part of the Connecting our Community library.
- Getting Creative in the kitchen, with Melissa Burden
- Ingredients: Thinking outside the box, with Melissa Burden
- Updates on tribal food programs, with Adrienne Jacobs
- Cares Video Series - Learn a new recipe with a key ingredient. Each video in this series is simple to make, healthy and delicious.